Dear Patients and Families,
We are navigating a new world with the COVID-19 pandemic and will be proceeding with much caution to keep our patients and staff safe.
You will see some changes when your child is scheduled for their next appointment. We made these changes to enforce social distancing measures and to comply with the guidelines established by the Oregon Health Authority (OHA):
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We ask that your child be accompanied by one parent and no siblings, unless the sibling also has an appointment.
- All persons over the age of 5 must wear a mask in our office. Patients will remove their masks once in the dental chair.
- We ask that you call us from the parking lot to inform us of your arrival.
- Temperatures will be taken at each visit.
- Our play structures are closed and magazines and toys have been cleared from the waiting room.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Our dentists and clinical staff will be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
As always, our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
We look forward to seeing our patients and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep everyone safe in our practice! We value your trust and loyalty!
Drs. David and Elise Burrus