Dear Patients and Families,
We are excited to announce the re-opening of our office! We are opening our doors to a new world and will be proceeding with much caution to keep our patients and staff safe.
We are working diligently through our list of cancelled appointments. Over the next few weeks, we will be calling all patients that had appointments during our office closure. Please call us if you have not heard from us or if your child has urgent needs. Also, if you cannot keep an appointment that was scheduled prior to our closure, please contact us as soon as possible so we can offer that appointment time to another child. Thank you for your understanding as we work through this challenging time. We want to see you!
You will see some changes when your child is scheduled for their next appointment. We made these changes to enforce social distancing measures and to comply with the guidelines established by the Oregon Health Authority (OHA):
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We ask that your child be accompanied by one parent and no siblings, unless the sibling also has an appointment.
- If you would like to be in the clinic with your child, please bring a mask.
- We ask that you call us from the parking lot to inform us of your arrival.
- Temperatures will be taken at each visit.
- Our play structures are closed and magazines and toys have been cleared from the waiting room.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Our dentists and clinical staff will be wearing additional personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
As always, our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
We look forward to seeing our patients again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep everyone safe in our practice! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming everyone back!
Drs. David and Elise Burrus Pediatric Dental Associates